Baking for Beginners: Chocolate Chip Brownies
My first brownie that I bake in my entire life to celebrate Mother’s Day last week! This made to my favorite list! Very simple and delicious treat! 😋👌🍰
I’m not really a fan of anything that has something to do with cooking or even staying in the kitchen (except if I am asked to taste test 🤣) But let’s just say, maybe I unlocked the motherhood level. I discovered how exciting to mix all ingredients, put them in the oven, patiently wait for the outcome, and then for you to know later that it tastes super delicious! Hahaha ❤❤❤
- 1/3 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 500g Fudge Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Prepare your baking pan by greasing it with butter and lined up with parchment paper (very useful to easily remove the baked treat from the pan later! ). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the brownie mix, water and oil.
- Add in the eggs, 1 at a time, in the mixing bowl.
- Add the pistachio nuts.
- When almost done mixing the batter, I set my oven at 180’C and pre-heat for 10 minutes. I’m only a beginner in baking and I just use our smart microwave oven at home which has multifunctions of convection, microwave and grilling. Of course, to bake, I need to use the convection setting.
- I continued mixing my batter and once done, I poured it and spread evenly to my baking pan.
- I baked it in the preheated oven for 28 minutes.
I let my baked goodie cool down for 1 hour before slicing. Perfect to serve with your favorite coffee or tea.
Yields 16 square slices in a square 9″ pan or 8 triangular slices if using a round 9″ springform pan
- Brownie Mix @ 12.10AED
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips @ 22.20 AED (note I only used 1/3 of the pack, I still have a lot left for my next baking treat)
- Eggs sold at 6pcs/pack @ 4.30 AED (note I only used 2 eggs)
- Oil and water mixture (quiet difficult to account it at this quantity :P) Let’s assume the cost of eggs I bought would somehow pay off the cost here.
Total Cost of the above ingredients is 38.60 AED.
Since, it yields 16 square slices, each slice would cost at approximately 2.4AED each slice. Depending on your packaging choices, add in also the cost of your lovingly labor of baking, to achieve your desired selling price.