Baking for Beginners: Vanilla Cake with Vanilla frosting topped with Chocolate chips
The first cake I ever baked! I figured all these years, I waited for my baby to be really motivated to try! Lols! 😋 excuse me for the design.. I really don’t know yet how! 🤣
- 500g Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 400g Vanilla frosting
- (As needed) Semi-sweet chocolate chips – because I just used it as topping forming the initials of my baby
- Prepare your baking pan by greasing it with butter and lined up with parchment paper (very useful to easily remove the baked treat from the pan later! ). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the vanilla cake mix, water and oil.
- Add in the eggs, 1 at a time, in the mixing bowl.
- When almost done mixing the batter, I set my oven at 180’C and pre-heat for 10 minutes. I’m only a beginner in baking and I just use our smart microwave oven at home which has multifunctions of convection, microwave and grilling. Of course, to bake, I need to use the convection setting.
- I continued mixing my batter and once done, I poured it and spread evenly to my baking pan.
- I baked it in the preheated oven for 28 minutes.
- I let my baked goodie cool down at the rack for 1 hour.
- Then I placed it in the fridge for the next 2 hours.
- After 2 hours in the fridge, I took it out to put the Vanilla frosting all over the top and sides of the cake.
- After frosting, I placed it back in the fridge for 30 mins.
Take out the cooled & frosted Vanilla Cake from the fridge. It’s ready to be served. I took it out just in time for dinner to celebrate my baby’s 5th month birthday. To be served chilled.
Yields 16 square slices in a square 9″ pan.
- Vanilla Cake Mix @ 9.10AED
- Vanilla Frosting @ 12.75AED
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips @ 7AED (note I only used 1/3 of the pack which cost 22.10AED, I still have a lot left for my next baking treat)
- Eggs sold at 6pcs/pack @ 4.30 AED (note I only used 3 eggs)
- Oil and water mixture (quiet difficult to account it at this quantity :P) Let’s assume the cost of eggs I bought would somehow pay off the cost here.
Total Cost of the above ingredients is 31 AED.