Oatmeal Bars Loaded with Flavors of Blueberry, Raisins and Chocolate Chips
My husband requested for a healthy oatmeal snack which he can tag along to his work and should be easy to grab for a really busy hospital routine. So, I quickly granted his request. Call it Love! :*
Oatmeal Bars loaded with Blueberry, Raisins and Chocolate Chips
Tasty, Easy to Prepare and Nutritious Oatmeal Bars! We all loved it!
Now let’s jump in below the How-To-Bake this fiber-rich & delicious snack –Oatmeal Bars loaded with Blueberry flavor, Raisins and Chocolate Chips! Sprinkled with lots of love and hugs and kisses! :* :* :*
- 1 & 1/4 cups butter at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup blueberry jam
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare your 9″ spring form baking pan by greasing it with butter. Set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl – flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat butter and white sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs in the mixing bowl beat at medium speed.
- Add the vanilla extract to the mixture.
- Add the oats then beat to medium speed.
- Add the dry ingredients which we prepared at step 2. Beat to medium speed.
- Sprinkle the raisins and chocolate chips and mix it to the batter.
- When almost done mixing the batter, I set my oven at 170’C and pre-heat for 10 minutes. I think every oven has different settings so just pre-heat your oven to 170’C. 🙂
- I continued mixing my batter and once done, I poured half of the batter to my baking pan.
- Then, added the Blueberry Jam as a filling.
- Pour in the remaining half of the batter and topped with semi-sweet chocolate chips. Another load of chocolate chips on top as requested by my lovey dovey.
- I baked it in the preheated oven for 48 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and color is golden brown.
I allowed my baked goodies to cool down for 1 hour before serving. Perfect pair for brewed coffee or tea! 😀
- Butter @ 9AED
- White Sugar @ 2.75AED
- All purpose flour @ 3AED
- Instant oats @ 7AED
- Blueberry Jam @ 7AED
- Raisins @ 4.6AED
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips @ 5AED
- Eggs @ 1.33AED
- Vanilla extract @ 2.2AED
- Salt @ 1AED
- Baking powder @ 1AED
- Baking soda @ 1AED
Total Approximate Cost of the above raw ingredients — 44.88 AED.
Disclaimer: I tried dividing the cost of the packed ingredients into the actual ingredients used. Example, eggs which are sold at 6pcs per pack at 4 AED, will be counted as 1.33AED as I only used 2 eggs out of that pack.
The above baked cake yields 16 square slices from 9″ square cake pan or 8 triangular slices from a 9″ round springform pan.
Converting it to a small business? Add the cost of your raw ingredients, packaging (box) and cost of your baking labor, then you can decide for the standard retail price. 🙂
By the way, please let me know if you tried the above recipe or tweaked it as per your needs and teach me please how it turned out at your end. 🙂 I’m currently at experimental / discovery mode in the world of baking! 🙂