Another inspiration by #LutoNiLaling is the very delicious Pinoy Cheesecake that was so soft, moist and purely delicious! Wanted to give it a try but I decided to tweak it into something fudgy instead of the chiffon like. Incorporating the brownie texture to the most wanted & much sought after pinoy cheesecake — the fudgy style. Perfect meryenda or partner sa kape ni my loves! :*
Serve it plain or pretty! I served it plain to just get all the sweet & cheesy flavors. Also tried frosting it with sweetened milk & more grated cheese – my attempt of #pinoycheesecakebarsprettified ❤❤❤
So before I will forget the recipe (kasi medyo nagiging malilimutin ako lately) here it na my loves. You can easily try it as the ingredients are quiet common sa ating mga households. 🙂
Ingredients for the Cheesecake Bars
- 3/4 cup of 250 grams cheddar cheese — grate it
- 100 grams unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 180g sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the Frost
- 90 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 5 spoons of softened butter only
- Grated cheddar cheese till your satisfied of how much cheese to add in the frosting
I only frosted few cheesecake bars because my mom & husband have different preferences po. Hubby wants it frosted while mom wants the plain bars. So you can increase po the quantity of the ingredients for the frost depending on your preference 🙂
- Preheat oven at 170’C and grease the 9″ square baking pan.
- Beat the sugar and egg until fluffy. Then add softened butter, condensed milk and vanilla extract. Beat again.
- In a separate mixing bowl, prepare the dry ingredients. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk it to combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat it only until combined.
- Add the grated cheese and fold it into the mixture until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into the greased pan.
- Bake it into the pre-heated oven for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for at least an hour. Use a plastic knife to have cleaner cuts for the bars. It will be simple and easy compared to cutting the bars using a stainless knife.
- If you prefer to frost it, mix the butter and condensed milk. Beat it. Spread it on top of your cheesecake bars. Then add the grated cheese. 🙂 That’s how simple it is!
Without biases, this one is a perfect partner for coffee or earl grey tea! Sold out agad sa aking habibi! 🙂