I wanted to do something useful with my Pistachio nuts, hence, let’s make a sweet treat out of it!
**The Ideal Scenario**
I prepared the brownie batter, add in the Pistachios, spread the mixed batter to the baking pan and put it in the oven! And viola, a simple fudgy chewy chocolatey brownie with bits of pistachios! 😋😋😋
**The Actual Scenario**
Oh well, I hope the story was that simple but no! Hahaha. I learned the hard way that using pistachios requires a lot of patience and say, strong resilient fingers to crack its shells! Lols!
I first gathered all the pistachios I wanted to add and cracked it 1 by 1. Almost 15mins passed, my fingers gone red, a bit hurting and thought to myself cracking all these pistachios takes more time than mixing all my ingredients + baking it in the oven.
Waaaahhh, I stopped after 15mins battling with the pistachio shells and headed to prepare my brownie batter and finished mixing in literally 10mins. Poured it into the greased springform pan and baked in the oven for 28mins. And finally, a gooey chocolatey brownie came out! Cooled it for an hour before slicing. Excited to eat only then to realize “Where are all my Pistachios”???? 😱 I could barely taste it in my brownie! 🤣🤣🤣 and so it flashes back to the time I surrendered cracking the shells of the remaining pistachio nuts!
The fudgy chocolatey brownie still tasted super good and perfect for my habibi’s emo time in skygazing the towering buildings and lights, paired with his black brewed coffee!
#Lesson: Patience is a Virtue! Or better yet, use other nuts that does not require cracking shells at all! Lols!👌👌👌
Anyway, below is the HOW-TO.
- Pistachio nuts
- 500g Fudge Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Prepare your baking pan by greasing it with butter and lined up with parchment paper (very useful to easily remove the baked treat from the pan later! 😀 ). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the brownie mix, water and oil.
- Add in the eggs, 1 at a time, in the mixing bowl.
- Add the pistachio nuts.
- When almost done mixing the batter, I set my oven at 180’C and pre-heat for 10 minutes. I’m only a beginner in baking and I just use our smart microwave oven at home which has multifunctions of convection, microwave and grilling. Of course, to bake, I need to use the convection setting.
- I continued mixing my batter and once done, I poured it and spread evenly to my baking pan.
- I baked it in the preheated oven for 28 minutes.
I let my baked goodie cool down for 1 hour before slicing. Perfect to serve with your favorite coffee or tea. 🙂
Yields 16 square slices in a square 9″ pan or 8 triangular slices if using a round 9″ springform pan
- Brownie Mix @ 12.10AED
- Pistachio nuts @ 15.20 AED
- Eggs sold at 6pcs/pack @ 4.30 AED (note I only used 2 eggs)
- Oil and water mixture (quiet difficult to account it at this quantity :P) Let’s assume the cost of eggs I bought would somehow pay off the cost here.
Total Cost of the above ingredients is 31.60 AED.
Since, it yields 16 square slices, each slice would cost at approximately 2AED each. Depending on your packaging choices, add in also the cost of your lovingly labor of baking, to achieve your desired selling price. 😀
I’m not really baking to sell (yet at the moment). I’m really just discovering the fun in baking and practicing snack treats for my little one and my avid fan — my husband. 😀 But this could be a good small business idea. What do you think?